This Instant Pot Arroz Con Habichuelas or Puerto Rican Rice and Beans is the perfect family meal that you are going to love.
Why are you going to love it?
You and whoever taste this delicious Puerto Rican Instant Pot recipe will taste perfection!
It is so simple to make, and it doesn’t even take a lot of time to create!
What I love about this Instant Pot Arroz Con Habichuelas is that is inexpensive to make, and it’s a big hit with everyone.
Don’t have an Instant Pot?
Use your favorite instant pressure cooker if you are using a Crock-Pot Express Crock Multi-Cooker this will work too.
Before we begin to talk about this Puerto Rican Instant Pot Rice and Beans recipe we need to go over some information.
Another point I want to make is that you can use any rice and any beans. I used Goya Red Beans in a can for this recipe.
So, let’s get back to this Arroz con Habichuelas, shall we?
How to Make Instant Pot Red Beans and Rice
Puerto Rican rice and beans is a favorite dish in Puerto Rico and one I grew up eating. Having an Instant Pot has made it so easy to create this dish.
Again, it is so simple to make that it cuts down my kitchen time as well.
Here’s how to make this Instant Pot Arroz Con Habichuelas or Puerto Rican Rice and Beans
Hit Sauté button and add olive oil, sofrito, olives, tomato sauce, Sazon, diced tomatoes, and cook for about 3 minutes until everything is blended well.
Add the beans and sauté for another minute or two.
Add the chicken broth, salt and pepper (to taste), and rice and stir.
Taste your rice and see if you like the taste if not add more salt or pepper.
Seal your instant pressure cooker and cancel Saute.
Hit the Rice button for 12 minutes.
Your Arroz con Habichuelas is ready to serve!
You can serve this with:
Instant Pot Arroz Con Habichuelas or Puerto Rican Rice and Beans Recipe
Ready to make this Instant Pot Arroz Con Habichuelas recipe? Here's the recipe card with the exact measurements.
- 2 cups of white rice
- 2 Tablespoons of Sofrito
- 1 (15 oz) can of red beans
- 1 Packet of sazon – We used Goya
- 4 ounces of tomato sauce
- 14 oz of diced tomatoes
- 2 cups of chicken broth
- 2 Tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons of olives
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Hit Sauté button and add olive oil, sofrito, olives, tomato sauce, sazon, diced tomatoes and cook for about 3 to 4 minutes until everything is blended well.
- Add the beans and sauté for another minute or two.
- Add the chicken broth and rice and stir
- Cancel Sauté
- Hit the Rice button for 12 minutes.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 180 Total Fat: 6g Saturated Fat: 1g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 4g Cholesterol: 2mg Sodium: 601mg Carbohydrates: 26g Fiber: 4g Sugar: 3g Protein: 6g
More Instant Pot Recipes
- Arroz con Gandules Instant Pot Recipe
- Instant Pot Carne Guisada / Puerto Rican Beef Stew Recipe
- Instant Pot Spanish Rice with Chicken / Arroz Junto con Pollo
More from my site
Latest posts by Joyce @ My Stay At Home Adventures (see all)
- 5 Gardening Projects For Kids (That Every Child Should Do) - August 16,
- The Best Kid Mattresses for 2-5 Year-Olds - August 14,
- Cuban Mojo Chicken - August 12,