I love soup year round. Though my love for cooking and baking came at a later age, I truly enjoy creating simple meals; but there are times when I am looking for a lazy way to create a delicious meal. Easy Ham and Potato Soup for Lazy People is the recipe for those days when I simply don’t feel like spending any time near the kitchen!
This recipe calls for a slow cooker, which makes it even better! Set it and forget it! Of course, you can do this soup another way, but the point of this recipe is to please those days when you feel lazy and just simply want to get home and have your soup ready to serve!
My soup recipes vary, and there are times when I just create my own soup. However, I am done cooking my soup, I can tell you that my family and friends love the final result 100% of the time.
An easy ham and potato soup recipe is something that beginners, like yours truly, can do and perfect on their own. There is no wrong way to create the perfect ham and potato soup. For this recipe, I decided to skip the dairy products because I didn’t feel like it?! LOL
No seriously, we were busy with other things and my boys didn’t want no milk with their soup. That being said, you are more than welcome to add milk, sour cream, and cheese to this recipe to give it that extra kick.
One other thing I want to add, flavoring is a personal thing and I love my easy ham and potato soup for lazy people to reflect that. I suggest you add, or omit, what you want and make this easy ham and potato soup your own!
Easy Ham and Potato Soup for Lazy People
- 7 cups of potatoes, cut in cubes (I was in a hurry and “diced” them alright!)
- 4 cups of chicken broth (you may use low sodium)
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon of basil
- 1 teaspoon of oregano
- 1teaspoon of parsley
- 1 teaspoon of powder garlic (optional)
- 1 Large chopped carrot
- 2 to 3 cups cooked ham, diced (I used a hickory ham I found on sale. BEST TASTE EVER!)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Add all ingredients to the slow cooker.
- Cook on high 3-4 hours or slow for 7 hours.
- Serve and enjoy!
I know you are going to enjoy this easy ham and potato soup just like we did! You can also enjoy this soup with Italian bread, tostones, or a salad.
For more soup recipes, check out:
More from my site
Latest posts by Joyce @ My Stay At Home Adventures (see all)
- After Christmas Clearance Shopping - December 17,
- Cheap Ways to Improve Your Garden Soil - December 14,
- Sausage with Puerto Rican Rice with Pigeon Peas and Stewed Beans - December 12,