Looking for ways to save money this year? We got you cover with ways you never thought could help you save money this year!
A new year and a new you! It is time to get started with our financial goals and start taking control of our personal finances. I truly enjoy the beginning of the year, I think it's a great way to start fresh, clean, and focused. One way to help you with your financial goals is to show you some ways to save money this year that will help you to succeed with your financial goals.
These are ways to save money that we continue to use ourselves, it helps us. There are hundreds of ways to save money, and you might find that some will work better for you and your family than others.
Here at my Stay At Home Adventures, I continue to write about ways to save money since it is something that it is extremely important when it comes to personal finances.
You will find articles like:
- 5 Quirky or Crazy Ways To Save Money
- 5 Simple Ways To Save On Groceries
- 20 Ways To Save On Your Wedding
- 5 Easy Ways My Family Goes Green And Saves Money
- How I Save Time And Money In The Kitchen and You Can Too!
- 4 Sites That Will Help You Save Money This Christmas Shopping Season
- Fall Energy Saving Tips To Help You Save Money
- How to Save Money When Decorating Your Nursery
- Tips To Help Save Money When Money Is The Last Thing On Our Minds
- How To Save Money When You Are Living Paycheck To Paycheck
I could sit here and show you our many posts that will help you save hundreds, even thousands of dollars, that are legit and sure to work. The point is this, being wise and smart about how you save money is extremely important if you are making 2017 the year where your finances are top priorities.
Believe it or not, finances are the top New Year's resolutions and/or goals. So Americans are starting to realize that having financial control is a top priority. Many American's, like myself, are making 2017 the year of financial health and saving money is included.
20 to Ways to Save Money This Year
- Create a budget. Learning where your money is going is a key part of learning how to get control of your finances. A budget is a spending plan and will help you along your debt freedom road.
- Start a yearly financial challenge. Start a yearly financial challenge to save money. These challenges are fun and are very helpful. We did the 52 Week Saving Challenge in 2014 and it was a fun way to help save money for our Christmas.
- Use coupons. Coupons save you money. When used wisely, savings from using coupons can be big, up to 50% a transaction.
- Set aside any extra money. This could be loose change, or money left over from your budget.
- Buy items on sale. Every week, stores have weekly sales. Take advantage of the items that are on sale each week to save some money.
- Use a shopping list. Always shop with a shopping list. Write down what you need and stick to your list; this will help you avoid buying unwanted items.
- Write a menu plan for the week. Write a weekly menu plan around items that are on sale for that week.
- Quit eating out. This was one of our weakness years ago, eating out. It was when we did our budget and saw how much money we were spending that we simply stopped eating out during our debt journey.
- Pack your own lunch. This is simple; bring your own food from home and save the money of buying it at work. Calculate how much you spend buying lunch and/or snacks at work and you will see how much you are spending. This could save you more money than you think by simply packing your own lunch to work. You could take leftovers to work!
- Make your own coffee. Adding the cost of that coffee you buy every morning on your way to work will surprise you. Why not make your own coffee at home and take it to work instead? You will save a lot of money this year by doing this.
- Quit smoking. Start 2017 with this New Year goal. It's good for your health and your wallet.
- Buy Energy Star rated appliances. Energy Saving appliances not only help you reduce your electric bill, it helps the environment.
- Have a yard sale. This is a great way to de-clutter your home and get paid for your unwanted stuff.
- Insulate your home during the winter. Take the time to properly insulate your home this winter. This will help you reduce your heating cost.
- Make homemade meals. Home meals don’t have to be difficult at all. I am thankful for slow cookers, bread makers and such. You can find hot deals at Target, Wal-Mart or Amazon.
- Turn off and unplug your appliances. If you are not using it, then unplug it. This helps bring the cost of your electric bill down and it works. We do this at home and you can see a difference in our bill. If you have children, make it a game and assign them to be “Power cops” to check every day on things that should be unplugged (Although they should leave the unplugging to adults).
- Use Swagbucks to earn free gift cards. Start using Swagbucks now and start accumulating points so you could score big on free gift cards later on the year!
- Get rid of cable. You don’t need all those channels. Find other alternatives to watching TV like Hulu, Amazon Prime, Netflix, and such. I can guarantee you that there will be tons of Christmas movies there.
- Find the right mobile plan for you. Do you need a smartphone? Compare service plans and see what plan works for you. You might be surprised how much money you will save. Check out this hot deal from Republic Wireless $15/month no contract!
- Switch Insurance. Every two years switch insurance. Maybe this is the year you need to look at your house, car insurance and shop around. Any amount of money you save is worth it.
I truly wish this list will give you some ideas and help you save money this year! What other ways are you planning to save money this year? Share it with us!