This Instant Pot Sopa De Carne Res is delicious and so easy to make. Full of vegetables and seasoned beef it will remind you of abuela.
Here’s another Puerto Rican recipe using an Instant pot or any other Electronic multiple-use pressure cookers you have or love to use.
Now, this simple Sopa de Carne or simple beef soup it’s easy to make and taste delicious.
If you are trying to catch that Puerto Rican flavor, you will find it with this recipe, I guarantee it.
If you don’t have an instant pressure cooker, don’t worry. You can also slow cook this recipe high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours.
What are the ingredients to make Sopas de Carne
To make this Puerto Rican style beef soup you are going to need the following ingredients:
- Sofrito, and you can find the recipe here or purchase it!
- tomato sauce
- diced tomatoes
- beef broth
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- medium onion
How to make Instant Pot Sopa de Carne
Here’s how to make this Instant Pot Sopa de Carne de Res or instant pot soup.
Press Manual setting (if your instant pressure cooker doesn’t have manual set to meat) and adjust to high pressure and set time for 45 minutes. Now I enjoy my meat to be incredibly tender so keep this in mind.
After this is done allow the meat to rest for about 10 minutes before quickly releasing the pressure manually. This means you are going to turn the valve if you are new to using an IP.
Remove the lid and stir.
Add the rest of the ingredients and make sure that you don’t pass the maximum line that its shown in your instant pot cooker.
Hit manual again, if you don’t have manual hit the soup button and set the time for about 15 minutes. The modern Instant Pot now have a Pressure Cook button.
This will give you super tender veggies; please adjust to your preference.
Let it sit for about 10 minutes before releasing pressure.
Instant Pot Sopa de Carne Recipe
Ready to make this Puerto Rican Instant Pot Sopa De Carne? Here’s the recipe card with the exact measurements.
- 2 lbs of beef cube
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 tablespoon of Sofrito and you can find the recipe here or purchase it!
- 1 can of tomato sauce
- 1 can of diced tomatoes
- 1 packet of Sazon
- 4 cups of beef broth
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 4 medium potatoes, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup of carrots, chopped
- 2 stalks of celery chopped
- 1 can of corn
- Set the Instant Pot to Saute, and add the beef. Brown the meat.
- Add the sofrito, sazon, tomato sauce, diced tomato, beef broth salt, and pepper to the instant pot or instant pressure cooker.
- Secure the lid and set the valve to the pressure setting.
- Press Manual or *Pressure Cooker setting \ high pressure and set time for 45 minutes.
- Let it rest for at least 10 minutes before your quick release.
- Remove the lid CAREFULLY and stir.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, and make sure that you don’t pass the maximum line shown in your instant pot cooker.
- Hit the Manual or *Pressure Cook button again if you don’t have manual hit the soup button and set the time for about 15 minutes. *The modern Instant Pots now have a Pressure Cook button.
- This will give you super tender veggies; please adjust to your preference.
- Let it sit for about 10 minutes before releasing pressure.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 334Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 66mgSodium: 626mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 3gSugar: 4gProtein: 24g
These nutritional calculations might not be accurate. Please speak with a licensed nutritionist to assist you.
More Instant Pot Recipes