This Instant Pot Puerto Rican Beef Barbacoa is delicious, and another awesome Puerto Rican inspired recipe you are going to love today. What we call in our home, barbacoa de carne de res!
Instant Pot Barbacoa Recipe is so simple to make and full of flavor if you are looking for a Cinco De Mayo recipe, you found it with this recipe.
How to Make Instant Pot Puerto Rican Beef Barbacoa
Now how I make this recipe is that I use sofrito and sazon in my recipe and many people don’t, and that is OK.
You can skip these two ingredients if you like as it will still taste amazing.
When it comes to the Instant Pot if you don’t own one but own another brand this will work for you.
Use your favorite instant pressure cooker if you are using a Crock-Pot Express Crock Multi-Cooker this will work too.
Here’s how to make this Instant Pot Puerto Rican Beef Barbacoa.
For the beef you are going to need the following ingredients:
- chuck roast
- sofrito (Optional)
- beef broth
- apple cider vinegar
- brown sugar
- cloves garlic, minced
- olive oil
- chopped chipotle pepper in adobo
For spices you are going to need:
- dried Guajillo and Ancho peppers, stems and seeds removed, ground finely
- a packet of sofrito (optional)
- dried oregano
- ground black pepper
Now that we have the ingredients let's find out how to make this Puerto Rican Instant Pot recipe, shall we?
Step 1 – Now I mentioned that I use sofrito and I tend to rub the meat with the sofrito as a marinade and put it in the fridge for about 30 minutes.
Step 2 – Set the Instant Pot to sauté mode. Make sure that is on high and add the oil.
Step 3 – When the oil starts to simmer add the cubed roast and stir continuously until it browns.
Step 4 – Add the dry spices and continue to stir. In a few minutes, you will smell deliciousness!
Step 5 – Next you will add the garlic and chipotle pepper and stir for about 3 minutes.
Step 6 – Add the beef broth, vinegar, and brown sugar and stir.
Step 7 – Stop Saute and set your Instant Pot to manual, high, 1:20 and seal the lid.
Step 8 – Let the Instant Pot naturally vent.
Step 8 – Break the meat apart in another container.
Step 9- Mix about 1/4 cup of liquid to the meant.
Your Instant Pot Puerto Rican Barbacoa is ready to serve!
My friend, you can serve this latest Instant Pot Puerto Rican recipe with Tortillas de Platanos or Plantain Tortillas!
More Instant Pot Recipes:
- Arroz con Gandules Instant Pot Recipe
- Instant Pot Arroz Con Habichuelas / Puerto Rican Rice and Beans
- Instant Pot Sopa De Carne / Puerto Rican Beef Soup
Ready to make this Instant Pot Puerto Rican Barbacoa recipe? Here's the recipe card with the exact measurements.
Instant Pot Puerto Rican Beef Barbacoa
- 2.5-3.5 lb chuck roast, cut into 1.5”-2” cubes, large chunks of fat removed
- 1.5 cups beef broth
- 2 T Sofrito (Optional)
- 1 T apple cider vinegar
- 1 T brown sugar
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 chopped chipotle pepper in adobo
- 3 each dried Guajillo and Ancho peppers, stems and seeds removed, ground finely
- 2 t cumin
- 1 packet of Sazon (optional)
- 2 t dried oregano
- 1/4 t cloves
- 1/2 t cinnamon
- 1 t ground black pepper
- 1 t salt
- Set Instant Pot to sauté, high, add oil.
- Once the oil is shimmering, add the cubed roast and stir continuously until browned.
- Add the dry spices and continue stirring for a minute, until they become fragrant.
- Add the garlic and chipotle pepper, stirring occasionally for another 3 minutes.
- Add the beef broth, vinegar, and brown sugar, then stir well to mix.
- Set Instant Pot to pressure cook, high, 1:20 and seal the lid.
- Let naturally vent to release pressure, break the meat apart in another container, mixing in about 1/4 cup of the liquid.
More from my site
Latest posts by Joyce @ My Stay At Home Adventures (see all)
- Learn How to Earn Money as a Teenager - August 15,
- Simple Living Tips For You and Your Home - August 13,
- Instant Pot Rice with Pork Chops / Arroz con Chuletas - August 10,