This Instant Pot Puerto Rican Beef & Pasta is so simple to make so flavorful you are going to love it!
We love to create easy dinners that are delicious to make and remind me of home.
What I love about this Instant Pot Pasta recipe is that you don’t need to use store-bought spaghetti sauce.
Not that I have anything against store-bought sauce but this Puerto Rican recipe has a unique flavor that no bottle of spaghetti sauce can compare to.
For this recipe, you are going to need sofrito and a packet of Sazon. If you don’t have them, they are available at your local grocery store.
Now let’s gather the ingredients.
Ingredients for this Instant Pot Pasta
For this Instant Pot Puerto Rican Beef & Pasta you are going to need:
- ground beef
- olive oil
- medium onion
- clove of garlic
- can of tomato sauce
- can of diced tomatoes (your favorite flavor)
- chicken bouillon packet (optional)
- box of bow tie pasta
- water or favorite broth
- salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Instant Pot Puerto Rican Beef & Pasta
We have the ingredients now it is time to prepare this delicious Puerto Rican pasta recipe.
Press the Sauté on your Instant Pot, add olive oil and the ground meat and cook for about 2 minutes.
Once your beef is cooking, add sofrito, onions, garlic, sazon and mix well for about 2 minutes.
Next, sauté the meat until the meat is cooked.
Add tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, and chicken bouillon packet (optional) and mix well.
In about 5 minutes add the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
Close the Instant Pot and stop the Sauté function.
Press the Manual button or the Pressure Cook button and set it to 5 minutes.
Once the Instant Pot is done cooking you can Manual release, stir, and serve!
Your Instant Pot Puerto Rican Beef & Pasta is ready to serve! Top it with parmesan cheese or your
favorite cheese and enjoy!
Instant Pot Puerto Rican Beef & Pasta Recipe
Ready to make this Instant Pot Beef & Pasta Here’s the recipe card with the exact measurements.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 Tablespoons of sofrito
- 1 packet of sazon
- 1 Tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 can of tomato sauce
- 1 can of diced tomatoes (your favorite flavor)
- 1 chicken bouillon packet (optional)
- 1 box of bow tie pasta
- 2 cups water or favorite broth
- salt and pepper to taste
- On your Instant Pot, press Sauté and add olive oil and the ground meat and cook for a few minutes.
- Add sofrito, onions, garlic, sazon, and mix well for about 2 minutes.
- Sauté the meat until brown.
- Once the meat is brown, add tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, and chicken bouillon packet (optional) and mix well.
- About 5 minutes later, add the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
- Close the Instant Pot and stop the Sauté function.
- Press the Manual or Instant Pot button for 5 minutes.
- Manual release and stir well. (You can allow it to Natural release for a few minutes (about 2 minutes), but you want to make sure you don't overcook the pasta)
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 313Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 69mgSodium: 734mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 3gSugar: 5gProtein: 25g
These nutritional calculations might not be accurate. Please speak with a licensed nutritionist to assist you.
More Instant Pot Recipes