Ever tried chorizo and eggs? Well, my friends today you are going to learn how to make chorizo and eggs muffins, and the best thing is that it is also low carb.
So, if you are looking for a delicious low carb chorizo and eggs recipe, you found it here.
How to Make Chorizo and Eggs
To make this delicious chorizo and eggs muffin recipe we need to gather our ingredients. Also, know that this recipe makes about 12 muffins.
Ingredients for chorizo and eggs muffins:
- Jumbo eggs (or 12 large)
- oregano or marjoram
- minced dried onions
- salt and pepper
- freshly chopped parsley or cilantro
- chorizo link
- shredded cheddar cheese
- cupcake pan
Directions to make Chorizo Eggs Muffins
Looking for low carb recipes? Read: Keto Tuna Melt Stuffed Tomatoes!
Now that we have gathered all our ingredients let’s learn how to create this chorizo and eggs recipe.
Before we begin make sure your chorizo link is finely chopped.
Step 1 – Preheat over to 350F.
Step 2 – Grab a large bowl and add all the ingredients except for the chorizo and cheese.
Step 3 – Mix the ingredients well.
Step 4 – Grease the cupcake pan well.
Step 5 – Add a layer of egg mixture to each cavity.
Step 6 – Top it with chorizo and cheese.
Step 7 – Back the chorizo and eggs muffins for about 15- 18 minutes, until eggs are set in the center.
Step 8 – Your chorizo and eggs muffins are done!
How to Freeze egg and chorizo muffins
To freeze this chorizo and egg recipe cool the muffins before placing them into a freezer friendly storage bag or container.
When you are ready to eat these flavorful treats, simply warm them up in the microwave for about 45 seconds.
Avoid overcooking in the microwave as they may get rubbery.
There you have it, a low carb chorizo and egg muffin recipe that you and your family are going to love!
Check out these recipes:
- Leftover Ham & Plantain Soup (Sopas de Platanos)
- Frozen Italian Meatball Soup
- Low Carb Air Fryer Sesame Chicken Legs
Now print this egg and chorizo muffin with the exact measurements
Chorizo Egg Muffins
Yield 12 muffins
- 10 Jumbo eggs (or 12 large)
- 1 tablespoon of milk
- 1 teaspoon of oregano or marjoram
- ½ teaspoon of minced dried onions
- salt and pepper (as desired)
- 1 tablespoon of freshly chopped parsley or cilantro
- 1 chorizo link finely chopped
- ½ cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl add all ingredients, except for chorizo and cheese.
- To a well-greased cupcake pan, add in an even layer of egg mixture to each cavity. Top with an even layer of chorizo and cheese.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until eggs are set in the center.