Instant Pot Cheesy Taco Pasta RecipeThis post may contain affiliate links which might earn us money. Please read my Disclosure and Privacy policies here
If you love tacos and pasta, this Instant Pot Cheesy Taco Pasta Recipe is for you! This recipe is so easy to make and only takes a few minutes to cook. Plus, it’s packed with flavor and will surely be a hit with the whole family. So, if you’re looking for a quick and delicious meal, give this recipe a try!
Instant Pot Cheesy Taco Pasta
This dish is the perfect weeknight meal – it’s easy to make and can be on the table in under 30 minutes. The Instant Pot does all the work for you, resulting in a rich and creamy pasta packed with flavor.
The ingredients for making instant pot cheesy taco pasta that the whole family will like are listed below. Please scroll down to view our printable recipe card, which includes detailed steps and measurements.
- Ground beef
- Taco seasoning
- Chicken broth
- Mild salsa
- Uncooked small shell pasta
- Shredded Mexican-style cheese
- Chopped tomatoes, sour cream, avocado, cilantro: Optional toppings
How to cook instant pot cheesy taco pasta from scratch?
- Saute the beef: Start by turning the Instant Pot on to saute mode and brown the ground beef. Remember to drain the grease.
- Add the seasonings: Add the sofrito and sazon and stir for a few minutes.
- Add the next 4 ingredients: Next, add the taco seasoning, chicken broth, salsa, and pasta shells.
- Cook: Close the lid on the pressure cooker and set it to sealing. Set a manual high pressure for 5 minutes and then do a quick release when the cooking time is up.
How to serve:
The best part about this dish is that it can be easily customized to your liking. Add in your favorite taco toppings, like salsa, and you’ve got a delicious meal that the whole family will love. You can add a dollop of sour cream or guacamole to the pasta for extra flavor.
For a complete meal, serve the taco with a side of green beans or a simple salad. If you’re looking for something a little heartier, add some shredded chicken or ground beef to the taco. And don’t forget the cornbread or garlic bread!
Frequently asked questions
What is taco pasta?
Taco pasta is a dish that is made by combining pasta with the flavors of a taco. This dish is typically made with ground beef but can also be made with chicken or turkey. The beef is cooked with onions and garlic, and the pasta is added to the pan. After the pasta is cooked, it is tossed with a sauce made from tomatoes, chili peppers, and spices. Taco pasta can be served with shredded cheese on top, or it can be served with a dollop of sour cream.
What can I use in tacos instead of meat?
If you’re looking for a delicious, hearty meal but want to steer clear of meat, plenty of options are available. Try these three substitutes on your next taco night.
Black beans are a common, easy-to-find option that will add protein and fiber to your meal. They can be seasoned with salt, pepper, and cumin or spiced up with chili powder, garlic, and onion.
Another tasty option is sweet potato. Roasting or grilling gives it a smoky flavor that pairs well with other taco toppings like salsa, guacamole, and cheese. Season it with chili powder, paprika, salt, and pepper before adding it to your tacos.
Finally, if you want something truly unique, try lentils. They cook quickly and easily absorb flavors from spices and other seasonings.
How do you avoid food burn errors in Instant Pot?
The most vital is to cook the beef before adding the onions. The browned chunks on the bottom of the saucepan will be released by the moisture the onion releases as it cooks. Additionally, you will be scraping the pot’s bottom. The second method involves gently pushing the pasta down into the liquid rather than stirring.
How to store leftovers:
Few things are more delicious than a big bowl of cheesy taco pasta, but what do you do with the leftovers? Here are some tips on storing your leftover instant pot cheesy taco pasta to stay fresh and delicious.
First, make sure that your pasta is cooled completely before storing it. You can put it in the fridge to speed up the cooling process. Once it’s cool, transfer the pasta to an airtight container.
Next, you’ll want to add a little bit of moisture to the pasta before sealing it up. This will help keep the noodles from drying out and becoming hard. You can use a few spoonfuls of tomato sauce, salsa, or even just a little water. Be sure not to overdo it, though, as you don’t want your pasta to be soupy.
Then avoid adding cheese if you intend to freeze it. Store the pasta in freezer-safe containers after allowing it to cool fully. It lasts for up to two months.
Take it out of the freezer when you’re ready to eat, let it thaw to room temperature, then reheat it in the microwave or a pan.
Here are some tips to help you make the perfect dish:
- Before adding the cheese sauce, cook the pasta in the Instant Pot. This will help the pasta absorb all of the flavors from the sauce.
- Use good quality cheese for the sauce. We recommend using a sharp cheddar or a Mexican blend.
- If you want your dish to be extra cheesy, add some shredded cheese on top before serving.
- Serve with your favorite toppings, such as diced tomatoes, green onions, or sour cream.
Instant Pot Cheesy Taco Pasta
Learn how to make a delicious yet simple Instant pot Cheesy Taco Pasta recipe with some favorite Puerto Rican seasoning.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 Tablespoon of sofrito
- 1/2 packet of Sazon
- 1-ounce packet taco seasoning
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup mild salsa
- 8 ounces uncooked small shell pasta
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Mexican-style cheese
- Optional toppings – chopped tomatoes, sour cream, avocado, cilantro
- Turn the Instant Pot on to saute mode and brown the ground beef. Drain grease.
- Add sofrito and sazon and stir for a few minutes.
- Add the next 4 ingredients: taco seasoning, chicken broth, salsa, and pasta shells.
Close the lid on the pressure cooker and set to sealing.
- Set a manual high pressure for 5 minutes and then do a quick release when the cooking time is up.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 452Total Fat: 26gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 92mgSodium: 1495mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 5gSugar: 4gProtein: 30g
These nutritional calculations might not be accurate. Please speak with a licensed nutritionist to assist you.
Comments are closed.