Today you are going to learn how to make a delicious yet simple Instant pot Puerto Rican Cheesy Taco Pasta recipe. Now before you go all like what is n Taco pasta? Let me just say that this is a recipe that we have made in our home for many years.
Since purchasing my Instant Pot has become one of our favorites.
What makes this recipe unique is that be we add special ingredients that make it very flavorful. However, you can leave some of the ingredients out and just make plain taco pasta, but why would you?!?!
Back to the Instant Pot Cheesy Taco Pasta recipe.
or Puerto Rican Chicken stew, my friends, that your family is going to love!
Before we begin to talk about this recipe, know that you don’t need to have an Instant Pot to make this cheesy taco pasta, you can use any other instant pressure cooker you have.
How to Make Easy Cheesy Taco Pasta
Let's begin with the ingredients, shall we?
For this recipe, you are going to need sofrito and a packet of Sazon. If you don’t have them, they are available at your local grocery store.
Now let's continue with the ingredients.
- ground beef
- taco seasoning
- chicken broth
- mild salsa
- small shell pasta
- mexican-style cheese
for the toppings:
- sour cream
Let's make this taco pasta!
Grab your ingredients and let's begin.
Step 1 – Turn on your Instant Pot and hit the Saute button.
Step 2 – Add the ground beef and brown.
Step 3 – Drain the grease.
Step 4 – Add sofrito and sazon and stir.
Step 5 – Add the next four ingredients: taco seasoning, broth, salsa and pasta shells.
Step 6 – Close the lid on the Instant Pot and set to sealing.
Step 7 – Hit the Manual button for 5 minutes.
Step 8 – Quick release when the time is up.
- Instant Pot Sopa De Carne / Puerto Rican Beef Soup
- Plantain Tortillas /Tortillas de Platanos
- 11 Easy Ground Beef Recipes for Meat Lovers
Step 9 – Add the cheese!
Step 10 – Serve with toppings.
This Taco Pasta recipe serves 4-6 people.
Instant Pot Cheesy Taco Pasta
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 Tablespoon of sofrito
- 1/2 packet of Sazon
- 1-ounce packet taco seasoning
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup mild salsa
- 8 ounces uncooked small shell pasta
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Mexican-style cheese
- Optional toppings - chopped tomatoes, sour cream, avocado, cilantro
- Turn the Instant Pot on to saute mode and brown the ground beef. Drain grease.
- Add sofrito and sazon and stir for a few minutes.
- Add the next 4 ingredients: taco seasoning, chicken broth, salsa, and pasta shells.
- Close the lid on the pressure cooker and set to sealing.
- Set a manual high pressure for 5 minutes and then do a quick release when the cooking time is up.
More from my site
Latest posts by Joyce @ My Stay At Home Adventures (see all)
- 9 Things to Do This Summer That Won't Bust the Budget - June 19,
- Stay or Go (When to Move When to Stay) - June 17,
- How to Bake Pork Chops - June 14,