Maybe I am writing too much about ways to find fun during the winter, but for some reason, it has been a top priority for me as my boys are growing up and it seems like winter storms, and low temperatures keep us inside of our home.
We are thinking of taking a small spring break this year, but in the meantime, we have to continue to keep our fun going during the winter. With kids is very hard, and with active boys and add high function autism we have to come up with some fun and entertaining ideas.
Is about creating memories and bringing out smiles and laughter when the weather is cold and dangerous to enjoy.
Check out these posts:
- 4 Table Games You Can DIY On A Rainy Day
- How to Make the Best Family Reunion Unforgettable
- Indoor Games For Kids, Teens & Families
I always believe that you don’t have to break the bank to keep your family entertain during the winter and you can create your own home adventures. No amount of money can buy fun and laughter; those are free, but if you are looking for ways to keep your family entertained without breaking the bank during the winter here’s a list for you:
40 Activities To Do Indoors During Winter
- Pretend cooking
- Pretend playing music
- Read a book
- Play ball
- Swim in your bathtub
- Look in the mirror
For ages 4 and up:
- Food Paint
- Create fake snow
- Do fun science experiments
- Build a fort or tent
- Pretend cooking
- Play with balloons
- Freeze dance
- Indoor hide and seek
- Play with building blocks
- Have a puppet show with your own paper-bag puppets or sock puppets
- Cook fun recipes
- Play board games
- Play simple games using free printables
- Make fun crafts
- Have a fashion show
- Play Simon Say
- Play Follow The Leader
- Play with play-doh
- Create your own play-doh
- Pillow fight
- Play with flashlights – my boys and husband love playing with flashlights.
- Play with activity books
- Make homework fun
- Play trivia
- Plan your summer or spring vacation
- Play games online
- These scavenger hunts are a great indoor activity for the kids, and a great idea to your readers during the lockdown.
- Play Tic Tac Toe with Pepperidge Farm® Goldfish® crackers
- Create stop-motion films with your kids you can see more here!
- Start a garden by planting seeds
As you can see there many ways to enjoy fun entertainment indoors during the winter that will bring your family closer together with smiles and laughter! It is time to stop thinking that fun is over when winter arrives and stop thinking that you need to break the bank to have a good time.
About Pepperidge Farm® Goldfish® crackers and why we enjoy them:
- Always baked with real cheese.
- No Artificial Flavors or Preservatives
- Colors Sourced from Plants, such annatto extracted from the reddish seeds of the Achiote Tree
- Baked with Whole Grain Cheddar has 12 g of WG per serving
Why not grab a bowl of Pepperidge Farm® Goldfish® take in those #GoldfishMoments and enjoy your winter days! What activities do you and your family enjoy doing indoors during winter?