This Arroz con Gandules Instant Pot Recipe is amazing and so easy to make your family is going to love it, so let’s begin, shall we?
It is so full of flavor, and you are going to learn why many Puerto Ricans enjoying eating this delicious recipe.
What I love about this Instant Pot Arroz con Gandules recipe is that it is an easy meal and when I’m busy all I have to do is add the ingredients and let my instant cooker do the rest.
Now, this feeds our family of 6 so keep that in mind if you are using a Crock-Pot Express Crock Multi-Cooker this will work too.
We have one too!
Back to this recipe.
Gandules are pigeon peas, and you can use your favorite brand. As for the rice, use any white rice.
This is going to give it that flavor you find when you eat authentic Puerto Rican Arroz con Gandules.
How to Make Instant Pot Arroz con Gandules
Here’s how to make this Arroz con Gandules Instant Pot.
What are the ingredients to make Arroz con Gandules?
To make this arroz con gandules using an Instant Pot you are going to need:
- white rice
- can of gandules (pigeon peas)
- tomato sauce
- chicken broth
- olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
Now that you have the ingredients let’s make it!
Hit the Sauté button and add olive oil, sofrito, olives, tomato sauce, Sazon and cook for about 3 minutes until everything is blended well.
Add the gandules and saute for another minute or two.
Add the chicken broth, salt, and pepper (to taste), and rice and stir. There’s nothing wrong with tasting your rice right now before you seal it and cook it. That way you will know if you want to add more salt and pepper.
Hit rice 12 minutes. Now, know that the Instant Pot Duo we used you can press rice and 12 minutes is the auto time. The IP will stop cooking once the rice is done cooking.
Let it rest for a few minutes before releasing pressure.
Your Arroz con Ganudes is ready to serve!
You can serve this with:
Instant Pot Instant Pot Arroz con Gandules
Instant Pot Arroz Con Gandules Recipe
Ready to make this Instant Pot Arroz con Gandules? Here’s the recipe card with the exact measurements.
- 2 cups of white rice
- 2 Tablespoons of Sofrito
- 1 (15 oz) can of gandules (pigeon peas)
- 1 Packet of sazon – We used Goya
- 4 ounces of tomato sauce
- 2 cups of chicken broth
- 2 Tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons of olives
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Hit Sauté button and add olive oil, sofrito, olives, tomato sauce, sazon and cook for about 3 minutes until everything is blended well.
- Add the gandules and sauté for another minute or two.
- Add the chicken broth and rice and stir
- Cancel Sauté
- Hit rice 12 minutes or Rice button and it will auto cook.
You can use water instead of chicken broth.
You can use chicken bourbon.
You can skip the olives if you don't like them.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 124Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 394mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 2gSugar: 1gProtein: 3g
Love this Instant Pot Puerto Rican Recipe? Check out these recipes:
- Instant Pot Spanish Rice with Spam/ Arroz con Jamonilla
- Instant Pot Spanish Rice with Chicken / Arroz Junto con Pollo
- Sweet & Sour Instant Pot Chicken Wing Recipe
- Instant Pot Pollo Guisado Recipe or Puerto Rican Chicken Stew
Latest posts by Joyce @ My Stay At Home Adventures (see all)
- Mother's Day DIY Gift: Mother’s Day Salad Garden Kit - April 13,
- Free Spring Planner - April 10,
- Charquican – Easy Chilean Stew - April 9,