Sweet & sour Instant Pot chicken wings are more than just a meal; they are a symphony of flavors that dance on your taste buds, leaving you craving every last bite. Prepare to be amazed as we take the humble chicken wing to new heights of deliciousness, proving that extraordinary food doesn't require hours in the kitchen.
Sweet & Sour Instant Pot Chicken Wing Recipe
These sweet and sour-flavored chicken wings are made in an Instant Pot or electric pressure cooker, a delightful blend of sweet and tangy flavors that will have your taste buds dancing with joy. With the convenience of the Instant Pot, these wings are ready to dazzle in no time, making them perfect for weeknight dinners, parties, or whenever the craving strikes!
Get ready to cook up a delicious treat with this sweet & sour chicken wing recipe. To whip up this flavor-packed delight, you'll need the following ingredients:
How to cook sweet & sour chicken wings in the Instant Pot?
Now that you have your grocery list ready, it's time to fire up your Instant Pot and get cooking.
- Marinate the Chicken Wings: Start by marinating the chicken wings with your preferred dressing or marinade. You can try Italian dressing and let it marinate overnight in the fridge.
- Prepare the Instant Pot: Add the marinated chicken wings to the Instant Pot.
- Add Marinade and Soy Sauce: Pour about half or more of the marinade from the overnight marination into the Instant Pot. Additionally, add soy sauce to enhance the flavor.
- Pressure Cook: Select the “manual” or “pressure cook” setting on the Instant Pot and set the pressure to high for 10 minutes.
- Quick Release and Remove Lid: After cooking, carefully perform a “quick release” of the pressure and open the Instant Pot lid once it is safe to do so.
- Transfer Wings to Pan: Carefully place the cooked chicken wings on a baking pan.
- Coat with Sweet & Sour Sauce: Generously pour the Sweet & Sour dipping sauce over the wings, ensuring they are fully coated.
- Broil the Wings: Preheat the broiler and place the pan of chicken wings inside. Broil the wings for about 7 minutes, turning them once to achieve an even, crispy finish.
- Serve and Enjoy: Once the wings are nicely glazed and crispy, remove them from the oven and serve them up to your hungry guests or eager family members.
With this process, you'll have a delightful batch of sweet & sour chicken wings that will be the star of any gathering or mealtime. Enjoy the burst of flavors and the tender, succulent chicken with every bite!
What to serve with sweet and sour chicken wings?
Sweet and sour-flavored chicken wings are a delightful and versatile dish that pairs well with various side dishes to create a complete and satisfying meal. You can pair this with various side dishes to create a delicious and well-rounded meal. Here are some great options:
- Cauliflower Rice
- Quinoa Salad
- Fried Rice
- Stir-Fried Vegetables
- Mango Salsa
- Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- Pineapple Slices
- Cucumber Salad
- Coconut Rice
- Crispy Wonton Strips
- Garlic Butter Green Beans
- Sesame Snap Peas
Frequently asked questions:
How much water do you put in an Instant Pot for chicken?
Instant Pots are designed to cook food using very little liquid due to their pressure cooking function. If you use a marinade or sauce that requires some liquid, you can use a small amount of broth, stock, or water. Generally, 1/2 to 1 cup of liquid is sufficient for most chicken recipes in the Instant Pot.
How to achieve tender and crispy chicken wings in an Instant Pot?
To achieve tender and crispy chicken wings in an Instant Pot, start by seasoning the wings with salt and pepper or your preferred spices to enhance their flavor. For added crispiness, you have the option to sear the wings in a hot skillet with a little oil before transferring them to the Instant Pot.
Once in the Instant Pot, add a small amount of liquid, such as broth or water, and pressure cook the wings on high for about 10-12 minutes, depending on their size. After pressure cooking, for an extra crispy finish, transfer the wings to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, brush them with oil or melted butter, and broil in the oven for a few minutes until the skin turns golden and crispy.
Allow the wings to rest briefly before serving, ensuring they remain juicy and tender. This combination of pressure cooking, optional searing, and broiling will yield irresistibly delicious chicken wings that strike the perfect balance of tenderness and crispiness, delighting your taste buds with every bite.
Do chicken wings need to be covered with liquid in Instant Pot?
Chicken wings do not need to be fully covered with liquid in the Instant Pot. The Instant Pot is designed to cook food using minimal amounts of liquid due to its pressure cooking function, which generates steam and pressure to cook the food.
When cooking chicken wings in the Instant Pot, you can use a small amount of liquid, such as broth, water, or sauce, to help create steam and build pressure. The liquid will infuse the wings with flavor and aid in the cooking process.
However, the natural juices and fats from the chicken wings will also release during cooking, providing additional moisture to the dish. As a result, it's not necessary to fully submerge the wings in liquid.
It's essential to ensure that you have at least a small amount of liquid in the Instant Pot to create steam and pressure for proper cooking. Without enough liquid, the Instant Pot may not come to pressure, and the wings won't cook as intended.
How to store:
Properly storing sweet & sour chicken wings is crucial for maintaining quality and safety. After cooling them for 1-2 hours, refrigerate them in an airtight container, removing excess air to prevent freezer burn, and label them with the date.
They can be refrigerated for 3–4 days or frozen for 2–3 months. Thaw frozen wings in the refrigerator before reheating. Reheat them in the microwave, oven, or air fryer until they reach an internal temperature of 165°F (74°C) to ensure they are safe to eat. To prevent drying, add extra sauce or marinade before reheating, and avoid double-dipping used sauce for serving or marinating purposes to prevent foodborne illnesses.
These storage and reheating practices will maintain the freshness and deliciousness of the leftover.
Sweet & Sour Instant Pot Chicken Wing Recipe? Check the following recipes below:
- The Best Cajun Wings Recipe
- Instant Pot Honey Garlic Chicken Thighs
- Instant Pot Spanish Rice with Chicken / Arroz Junto con Pollo
- Instant Pot Chicken Taco Bowls
- Instant Pot Beef and Beer Stew
- 1 lb chicken wings (thawed)
- Favorite marinade or seasoning
- 1/2 cup of Soy sauce (or desired amount)
- 1/2 cup or more of Sweet & Sour Dipping Sauce
- Marinade your wings with your favorite dressing or marinade. I used Italian dressing, marinated it overnight, and left it in the fridge.
- Add chicken wings to the Instant Pot.
- Add about half or more of the marinade.
- Add Soy Sauce.
- Hit the manual or Pressure Cook button and set the pressure on high for 10 minutes.
- Carefully "quick release" all the pressure and carefully remove the lid.
- Place the cooked chicken wings on a pan.
- Pour Sweet & Sour dipping sauce on them. Make sure the wings are basted with this sauce.
- Broil them for about 7 minutes, turning them once.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 14 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 187Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 27mgSodium: 1125mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 0gSugar: 5gProtein: 7g
These nutritional calculations might not be accurate. Please speak with a licensed nutritionist to assist you.