Let's talk about cranberry sauce and the holidays!
There are so many ways to make cranberry sauce, and I have to say that I really don’t have a favorite. My problem is that once I create a recipe, and I love it; I stick with it. This simple cranberry sauce recipe is so easy to make you are going to love it as much as my family does.
Trying to stick to a basic and simple recipe is important to me as we have a grocery budget we follow. With the holidays around the corner cranberry, the sauce can be used in just about any recipe.
There are so many ways to make cranberry sauce, from sugar-free to using canned cranberry; you name it there is a way to make them. With this simple recipe, all, you need is orange juice sugar, water, cinnamon and your favorite fresh cranberry brand.
Simple Cranberry Sauce Recipe
- ¾ cup of orange juice, pulp free
- ¼ cup of water
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 12oz package of fresh cranberries, rinsed and stems removed
- Mix water, orange juice, and sugar in a large pan and bring to a boil.
- Once the water starts boiling, start adding cranberries and cinnamon, and continue to let it boil for 5-7 minutes.
- Continue to stir occasionally.
- Once you see that the cranberries have opened, remove them from the heat and chill covered for about three hours. This will allow the sauce to thicken.