Felicidades! Christmas time is here, and if love to celebrate as we Latinos do then I got an excellent recipe for you all to enjoy! Is my Coquito recipe with no eggs called Coquito de Puerto Rico with NO EGGS! HA!
No there are many ways to make this delicious holiday Puerto Rican drink. You can make this as simple as possible or add eggs yolk too.
The result is still amazing it just comes down to preference. Another version of Puerto Rican Coquito is to add coconut cream others coconut milk and even unsweeten chocolate powder as well.
If you are a newbie to the kitchen or this recipe let me explain the difference between these two so we can move on to this popular drink shall we?
Coconut milk has a consistency like cow milk and is made from shredded coconuts and water. Coconut cream is very similar to coconut milk but less watery, and it is thicker with a paste-like consistency.
OK now that you have this very useful fact about coconut milk and coconut cream let’s talk about my Coquito recipe and I will even share other recipes because I want you to try them all!
I personally enjoy my coquito with a hint of cloves, nutmeg, and ginger and I’m going to say it is delicious. Also, you have to let it sit overnight! Let those ingredients blend in the fridge overnight and when you taste it. Oh yeah!
Also for white rum (others mix both dark and white rum), I prefer the taste of Don Q and others love Bacardi and even Palo Viejo. I will say that the most common white rum we use is Bacardi, but I will suggest you try using your favorite white rum into this coquito recipe. After all, this is your coquito recipe. 😀
Below you will find helpful accessories to help make Puerto Rican Coquito
Another thing you can try is to add the evaporated milk, condensed milk, and coconut milk into a pot and warm them up and stir. This gives it a creamy feel to it, but you don’t have to. I just think it makes it richer and creamier.
Coquito de Puerto Rico With No Eggs
- 12 ounces of evaporated milk
- 14 ounces of sweetened condensed milk
- 14 ounces of coconut milk
- 1/2 cups white rum (I love Don Q)
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 Tbsp Ground Nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon of ground ginger – to taste
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- Combine evaporated milk, condensed milk, and coconut milk in a large blender.
- Blend until well combined.
- Add the rest of ingredient and blend well
- Pour into a glass bottles seal and add in the cinnamon sticks.
- Chill in refrigerator overnight.
If you enjoy this recipe check out these amazing recipes for the holiday:
- Puerto Rican Eggnog Recipe
- Cranberry Apple Parfait
- Besitos de Coco Con Nutella / Hazelnut Spread Coconut Macaroons
- Cranberry Raisin Monkey Bread Recipe
- Reindeer Poop Cookies and a Fun New Tradition
- Christmas Morning Muffins
- Tres Leche Cake Recipe