Besitos de Coco or Coconut Macaroons were my old time favorites ever. This simple and delicious treat brings back memories of my childhood in Puerto Rico. Though there are many ways to create this delicious treat, in our family we stick to the simple recipe.
You can find Puerto Rican Coconut kisses with more ingredient but I'm going to say that no matter how you create Besitos de Coco the end result will be the same. They will taste delicious. With my recipe, I add a dash or so of Almond extract to add more flavor.
Of course, the way we make our simple Besitos de Coco is with no flour or eggs and to be honest I think every Latin country has their own adaptation to this sweet treat.
During another snow storm (seriously cut school short and we had nothing but whatever) I decided to make them after attempting to make no-bake cheesecake and I messed up well, this is what happens when you are 23 weeks pregnant. You get confused a lot!
See how simple this recipe is. You just simply add all the ingredients and mix. Mix it real good! 😉
Another thing you are going to notice with my recipe I didn't use parchment paper. Well, again, I am going to blame this to the pregnancy. I took it out and never used it and then wondered why I was having difficulty getting them out of the pan.
Simple Besitos de Coco / Coconut Macaroons
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk (1 can)
- 14 ounces shredded Coconut Flakes (5 1/2 cups) – I used sweetened.
- 2 teaspoon of Vanilla extract
- 1 dash of Almond extract (Optional)
- Heat the oven to 325° F
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and blend well
- Drop by teaspoonfuls to the baking sheets
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned around the edges
- Remove to a rack to cool
Love this post? Check out these recipes:
Check out these amazing recipes:
- 10 Delicious Flan Recipes You Are Going To Love
- Snowball OREO Cookie Balls
- Chicken Dip with Leftover Rotisserie Chicken No Cheese
More from my site
Latest posts by Joyce @ My Stay At Home Adventures (see all)
- 5 Gardening Projects For Kids (That Every Child Should Do) - August 16,
- The Best Kid Mattresses for 2-5 Year-Olds - August 14,
- Cuban Mojo Chicken - August 12,