This Mexican Creamy Street Corn Soup Recipe is the perfect way to enjoy summer corn all year long! The soup is full of flavor and easy to make. Plus, it's a great way to use up any leftover corn you may have. This creamy soup is sure to become a new favorite!
Mexican Creamy Street Corn Soup is a flavorful and easy-to-make soup that is perfect for any night of the week. This soup is made with fresh corn and finished with a sour cream dollop. The best part about this soup is that it can be made in under 30 minutes, making it a perfect weeknight meal.
You might enjoy these posts:
The ingredients for making Mexican creamy street corn soup that will become your family’s favorite are listed below. Please scroll down to view our printable recipe card, which includes detailed steps and measurements.
- Corn cobs
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper: To taste
- Yellow onion: Chopped
- Chili powder: You can also use paprika if you want it less hot
- Garlic cloves: Minced
- Chicken broth
- Sour cream
- Lime juice
- Mozzarella or parmesan cheese
- Grill the corn: Coat the corn cobs with some olive oil. Then sprinkle the cobs with salt and pepper and grill until the kernels start to blacken. After that, remove the cobs from the grill and let it cool down.
- Cut the kernels: With the help of a knife, cut the kernels off the cob. Save the cob for later.
- Cook the kernels: Heat the remaining oil in a large pot over medium heat. Then add the chopped onion, grilled corn kernels, and chili powder. Cook for 3 minutes or until translucent.
- Simmer: When it has become translucent, add the minced garlic cloves and cook for 1 minute or until fragrant. Next, add the chicken broth and stripped corn cobs. Bring to a simmer and cook for 30 minutes.
- Discard the corn cobs.
- Add sour cream and cheese: Incorporate the sour cream and cheese, then with the help of an immersion blender, puree the soup until creamy. Also, add the lime juice and stir to incorporate.
- Garnish: Serve in bowls and top with more cheese, bacon, and chopped cilantro.
Mexican street corn soup is not only delicious but also healthy and filling. Here are a few ideas of what to serve with this amazing soup:
Another great option is to serve the soup with some rice on the side. This will help to fill you up and make the meal even more satisfying.
If you want something a little bit lighter, you could try serving the soup with some chopped-up vegetables on the side. You can also add shredded cheese or avocado. Add some chopped jalapeno peppers to your bowl if you want a little spice.
Mexican street corn is a popular snack made of grilled or boiled corn that is slathered in mayonnaise or crema-based sauce and then coated with cheese and chili powder. This dish is typically served as a snack or appetizer but can also be enjoyed as a side dish.
The dish is called Mexican street corn because it is typically sold by vendors on the streets of Mexico. The vendors' grill or roast the corn and then add the other ingredients to create a delicious and convenient meal for customers.
Mexican street corn is a popular dish because it is flavorful and easy to eat. The combination of sweet corn, savory cheese, tangy lime juice, and spicy chili powder creates a unique flavor that is irresistible. The dish is also easy to eat because it can be eaten with your hands.
A lot of people are wondering if Mexican corn soup is vegetarian. The answer is yes; it can be! You can easily make this soup vegan by substituting chicken broth for vegetable broth. So if you're looking for a delicious and nutritious vegetarian soup, give Mexican corn soup a try!
To store leftover Mexican creamy street corn soup, place it in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 3 days. This also soup freezes nicely and keeps for three months. Before reheating, be sure to add a splash of water or broth to the soup to thin it out slightly.
This Mexican corn soup is the perfect summer soup. It's light yet creamy and full of flavor. Here are a few tips to make the perfect bowl of soup.
- Start with fresh corn. The fresher, the better for this soup. If you can't find fresh corn, frozen will work too.
- Use a good quality chicken stock. This will make all the difference in flavor.
- Don't be afraid to add a little heat. A little bit of spice will really bring out the flavors in this soup.
- The secret to a creamy soup is to blend it until it's smooth. This can be done in a blender or food processor.
- Serve with your favorite toppings.
- 5 Corn cobs
- ¼ Cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Yellow onion, chopped
- ½ Tsp chili powder (you can also use paprika if you want it less hot)
- 2 Garlic cloves, minced
- 4 Cups chicken broth
- ¾ Cups sour cream
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- ½ Cup mozzarella or parmesan cheese
- Coat the corn cobs with some olive oil.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and grill until the kernels
start to blacken.
- Remove from the grill and let it cool down.
- With the help of a knife, cut the kernels off the cob.
- Save the cob for later.
- Heat remaining oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add chopped onion, grilled corn kernels, and chili powder.
- Cook for 3 minutes or until translucent.
- Add minced garlic cloves and cook for 1 minute or until
- Add chicken broth and stripped corn cobs.
- Bring to a simmer and cook for 30 minutes.
- Discard the corn cobs.
- Add sour cream and cheese and incorporate it.
- With the help of an immersion blender, puree the soup until
- Add the lime juice and stir to incorporate.
- Serve into bowls and top with more cheese, bacon, and chopped
Cooked bacon bits, cheese and chopped cilantro as a topping
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 259Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 28mgSodium: 756mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 2gSugar: 6gProtein: 7g
These nutritional calculations might not be accurate. Please speak with a licensed nutritionist to assist you.