Do you love Chick-Fil-A chicken nuggets, but hate the price? If you have an air fryer you are going to learn how to make Air Fryer Copy Cat Chick-fil-A Chicken Nuggets or Air Fryer Chicken Nuggets that taste like their nuggets.
Before we continue with the Chick-Fil-A Chicken Nuggets recipe, know that we use multiple air fryers (Yes, I have more than one, don’t judge!), and below are what we recommend.
My first love was this Farberware 3.2-Quart Oil-Less Multi-Functional Fryer and I received this as a gift. LOVED IT! It’s super affordable and is available at Walmart.
How to Make Air Fryer Chicken Nuggets
What are the ingredients to make
Chick-Fil-A Chicken Nuggets?
To make these chicken nuggets in the air fryer you are going to need the following ingredients:
- chicken breast
- dill pickle juice
- all-purpose flour
- confectioner’s sugar
- teaspoons salt
- black pepper
Of course, I recommend using Ziploc bags or bags to mix the chicken.
Now that you have gathered your ingredients to make this Air Fryer Copy Cat Chick-fil-A Chicken Nuggets simply follow the step below:
The night before using a gallon size Ziploc bag, add the dill pickle juice and chicken, seal the bag, and place inside your refrigerator overnight.
The next day, using a small bowl, add milk and egg and whisk together.
Next, drain the chicken and coat it with milk and egg mixture.
Using a Ziploc bag add flour, confectioner’s sugar, salt, pepper and paprika.
Add the chicken to the bag and coat it well.
Preheat your Air Fryer to 375 for about 2 minutes.
Dip the chicken into the melted butter and spread evenly into the Air Fryer
Cook for about 5 minutes or until the chicken is brown and flip the chicken and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
* An important note, each air fryer is different and I recommend you check on your nuggets. You might have to add another minute or two depending on how brown you like your nuggets.
- Air Fryer Curry Chicken Kabobs
- Air Fryer Pickles with Dill Dip
- Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken Potato Skins Recipe
Your air fryer nuggets are done!
Now that you know how to make Air Fryer Copy Cat Chick-fil-A Chicken Nuggets it is time to print the recipe with the exact measurements.
- 1 pound of chicken breast, cut into 1-2” cubes
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup dill pickle juice
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons confectioner’s sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2teaspoons black pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2-gallon size Ziploc bags
- Add the dill pickle juice and chicken to a gallon size Ziploc bag. Seal and place in fridge overnight.
- Add milk and egg to a small bowl. Whisk together.
- Drain chicken from pickle juice and add to milk and egg mixture. Coat well.
- Add flour, confectioner’s sugar, salt, pepper and paprika to Ziploc bag. Add chicken to bag and shake well to coat.
- Pre-heat Air Fryer at 375 for 2 minutes. Dip chicken into melted butter and spread evenly into Air Fryer. Cook for 5 minutes. I added this step to brown the chicken more. You can leave this step out and not lose any delicious flavor.
- After 5 minutes, turn chicken over and cook an additional 5 minutes, or until browned and cooked all the way through.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 557Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 171mgSodium: 3279mgCarbohydrates: 57gFiber: 2gSugar: 17gProtein: 44g
This calculations might not be accurate