This Orzo and Italian Sausage Stuffed Peppers are so delicious and made using an Instant Pot for a quick delicious meal.
Learn how to create the best Instant Pot Orzo & Italian Sausage Stuffed Peppers recipe, my friend!
So good and so easy to make you are going to are truly love it.
You can't go wrong with this recipe!
If you don't know why I used orzo instead of rice, I will explain in just a moment.
And if you are not familiar with Orzo or are debating rice vs Orzo keep reading because I will explain it now.
Keep on reading!
The Difference between Rice vs Orzo
What is Orzo?
Orzo is a pasta that is rice-shaped. It is made out of white flour but can be made from whole-grain flour.
Rice is rice! Rice is a grain and Orzo is pasta. That's the difference.
To spice this recipe up I decided to replace the rice and use Orzo instead since we always tend to make stuffed peppers with rice.
Again, you can use rice! Nothing wrong with that.
What type of Instant Pot Should I Use?
Before we begin, if you don't have an Instant Pot you can use a Crock-Pot Express Crock Multi-Cooker, this will work too. We have one and we love it too! You can also use your favorite electric pressure cooker.
You might like these recipes:
Ingredients to Make Instant Pot Orzo Stuffed Peppers
To make this Instant Pot stuffed peppers recipe you are going to need the following ingredients:
- large bell peppers, any color
- orzo pasta
- hot or mild Italian sausage
- small onion
- diced tomatoes
- shredded mozzarella cheese or your favorite
How to Make Orzo & Italian Sausage Stuffed Peppers
We have the ingredients now it is time to make the Instant Pot Orzo Stuffed Peppers recipe.
Step 1 – You are going to turn Instant Pot on to saute mode.
Step 2 – Brown the Italian sausage with the chop onions.
Step 3 – When you are done browning your meat, remove it from the pot and mix together with the orzo pasta, tomatoes, and cheese.
Step 4 – For the peppers, remove the tops and also the membranes and seeds.
Step 5 – Fill the peppers with the orzo/sausage filling.
Step 6 – To the Instant Pot or your electric pressure cooker, add two cups of water.
Step 7 – You are going to place the stuffed peppers in a casserole dish that fits the Instant Pot. We used this one.
Step 8 – Place the casserole dish on top of the trivet in the instant pot.
Step 9 – Close the lid and make sure your valve is set to sealing.
Step 10 – Press the Manual button and set to high, 10 minutes.
Step 11 – Natural release for about 4 minutes and finish with a quick release.
Step 12 – Remove from the pot and serve!
Don't forget the cheese!
Orzo and Italian Sausage Stuffed Peppers Recipe
Now that you know how to make this Orzo and Sausage Stuffed Peppers recipe, print the recipe below!
To print this recipe, click the print button located below. Not ready to print this recipe? Pin it to your account, add it to your Yummly account or mix it to your Mix account.
- 4 large bell peppers, any color
- 1 ½ cups prepared orzo pasta
- 1 pound hot Italian sausage
- 1 small onion chopped
- 5 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 ½ cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups of water
- Turn the Instant Pot on to saute mode and brown the Italian Sausage with the chopped onion.
- Remove from pot when done and mix together with the orzo pasta, tomatoes, and mozzarella cheese.
- Remove the tops from the peppers and remove the membranes and seeds from the peppers. Stuff peppers with the orzo/sausage filling.
- Add 2 cups of water to the inner pot.
- Place the stuffed peppers in a casserole dish that will fit in the Instant Pot. Put the casserole dish on top of the trivet in the Instant Pot.
- Close the lid on the pressure cooker and turn the valve to sealing.
- Set a manual high-pressure time for 10 minutes.
- Do a natural release for 4 minutes to let out the pressure slowly, and finish with a quick release.
- Remove from pot and serve.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 650Total Fat: 38gSaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 26gCholesterol: 86mgSodium: 1113mgCarbohydrates: 42gFiber: 3gSugar: 8gProtein: 35g
This calculations might not be accurate.
Check out these Puerto Rican Instant Pot recipes: