Ever tried Instant Pot custard? If you haven't good news, you are going to learn how to create this delicious and straightforward pressure cooker custard.
What I love about this IP custard recipe is that there are only four ingredients. The prep time is not complicated and setting your Instant Pot, or favorite electric pressure cooker is super easy as well.
How to make Instant Pot Custard Cups
To begin making this IP custard recipe, you are going to need:
- ground nutmeg
Let's make custard in the Instant Pot
We got the ingredients now it is time to cook this custard. Gather your ingredients and a mixing bowl and follow the steps below.
Step 1 – Combine the eggs, sugar, vanilla, and milk and mix them all. Make sure you mix them well.
Step 2 – After you are done pour mixture into a lightly buttered or cooking spray into a 1 or 1 1/2 baking or souffle dish. You can even use large ramekins that can fit your instant pot or favorite electronic pressure cooker.
Step 3 – Add 1 to 1/2 cups of water to your instant pot.
Step 3 – Place a trivet or ring of aluminum foil in the Instant Pot.
Step 4 – Close the lid on the Instant Pot and turn the valve to sealed.
Step 5 – Hit the Manual button, high, and set to 7 minutes.
Step 6 – All for a quick release.
Ready to make this Instant Pot Custard recipe? Here's the recipe card with the exact measurements.
Instant Pot Custard Recipe
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 2 cups milk
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- In a mixing bowl combine eggs, sugar, vanilla, and milk; mix well.
- Pour into a lightly buttered (or sprayed with nonstick cooking spray) 1 or 1 ½ quart baking or souffle dish, or large ramekins which will fit in the instant pot, and sprinkle with the nutmeg. Add 1 to 1 ½ cups of water to the inner pot and place a trivet or ring of aluminum foil in the instant pot.
- Close the lid on the Instant Pot and turn the valve to sealed. Cook on the manual high setting for 7 minutes. All for a quick release.
Now that you know how to print this simple custard recipe using your pressure cooker sign up to our newsletter and receive our free Instant Pot Recipe ebook.
Try these recipes:
- Instant Pot Orzo & Italian Sausage Stuffed Peppers Recipe
- Instant Pot Black Beans / Frijoles Negros
- Instant Pot Puerto Rican Potato Salad