Today you are going to learn how to make Slow Cooker Beef Carrots and Parsnips Stew. What you are going to love is how delicious it is and that this recipe is WW or Weight Watcher friendly recipe.
This is an easy Crock Pot beef stew recipe that your family is going to love. Let’s learn how to make this slow cooker beef recipe, shall we?
How to Make Slow Cooker Beef, Carrots & Parsnip Stew
Before we begin let’s answer a few questions you might have about this slow cooker beef stew recipe.
Can you put parsnips in this recipe or skip it?
Yes, you can add parsnips and if you don’t want to you can skip it and add more carrots. We love using root vegetables when we make our beef stew, and you can even add turnip if you would like.
What are the ingredients for Beef, Carrots, and Parsnip Stew?
- lean beef
- medium onion
- diced garlic
- frozen peas or mixed vegetables
- olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- low sodium beef broth
- low sodium soy sauce
- low sodium Worcestershire sauce
- Kitchen Bouquet
- crushed tomatoes
Now that you have the ingredients for this Slow Cooker Beef Carrots & Parsnips Stew Recipe follow the steps below to make it.
Using a small bowl add the beef and oil and mix.
Next, add flour to the beef follow by salt and toss to coat the beef.
Now that we have coated the beef it is time to head over to the stove for the next step.
Using a large skillet add the remaining olive oil.
Let the oil heat for a bit and add the garlic and onions and cook for about 2 minutes or until the garlic is fragrant.
Next, add the beef and brown on all sides, but make sure you don’t cook the meat all the way.
Now for the slow cooker part!
Add the broth, soy sauce and Worcestershire sauce into the slow cooker.
Follow by the Kitchen Bouquet, onion powder, tomatoes, carrots, and parsnips and make sure you mix well.
That that we have the ingredients in the slow cooker turn the knob to high for 4.5 hours.
Once the timer goes off, make sure the beef is tender and add the frozen vegetables and cook for another 30 minutes on high.
Your Slow Cooker Beef, Carrots & Parsnips Stew is ready!
How to freeze beef stew
You can freeze this slow cooker homemade beef recipe by placing the stew inside freezer-friendly bags such as Ziplock bags or you can use freezer-friendly containers. To thaw the beef stew, remove from freezer and place in the refrigerator 24 hours before cooking.
Note that the veggies will be a bit mushier after being frozen. Also if you are using a bag make sure that you lay the bag down to ensure faster freezing.
How many Weight Watchers points is this beef stew recipe?
Good question! This Slow Cooker Beef Carrots & Parsnips Stew Recipe servers about four 1.5 cup servings and contains about 260 calories per servings or 4 Freestyle SmartPoints.
Recipes to try:
- Low Carb Air Fryer Sesame Chicken Legs
- Over 12 Crockpot Freezer Meals
- Cheesy Spam Hash Brown Casserole
- Weight Watchers Instant Pot Spicy Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry
Recipe for Weight Watchers Beef Stew
Now that you know how to make this delicious WW friendly beef stew it is time to print the recipe. Simply hit the print button below.
- 1-2 pounds lean beef cut into 1” cubes and trimmed of fat
- 2 cups carrots, peeled and cut into 2” pieces
- 2 cups parsnips, peeled and cut into 2” pieces
- 1 medium diced onion
- 2 tablespoons diced garlic
- 1 small bag of frozen peas or mixed vegetables
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3 tablespoons olive oil divided
- Salt and pepper
- 2 cups low sodium beef broth
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon low sodium Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Kitchen Bouquet
- 1 cup crushed tomatoes
- Add beef to a small bowl and add 1 tablespoon oil and mix with beef.
- Add flour and salt and pepper and toss to coat beef.
- Heat remainder of olive oil in a large skillet.
- Add garlic and onion and cook 2 minutes or until garlic is fragrant.
- Add beef and brown for an additional 2 minutes, but do not cook all the way through.
- Add above ingredients to your slow cooker.
- Add beef broth, soy and Worcestershire sauces, Kitchen Bouquet, onion powder, tomatoes, carrots, and parsnips. Mix well.
- Turn slow cooker to high for 4.5 hours.
- When timer goes off, check to make sure beef is tender.
- Add frozen vegetables and cook for another 30 minutes on high.
Recipe yields approximately four 1.5 cups servings
Approximately 260 calories per serving or 4 Freestyle SmartPoints.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 792Total Fat: 38gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 21gCholesterol: 202mgSodium: 875mgCarbohydrates: 40gFiber: 9gSugar: 13gProtein: 72g
These nutritional calculations might not be accurate. Please speak with a licensed nutritionist to assist you.