This Instant Pot 3 Meat Ragu Sauce is so amazing you are going to love making this meat sauce recipe for sure! Now hear me out, this Bolognese sauce is full of flavor and if flavor is what you are looking for this is it.
What I love about this instant Pot Meat Ragu Sauce is that if you are low carbing then skip the pasta and eat it with Zoodle instead. For this 3 meat ragu sauce recipe we use our Instant Pot, but if you have another electric multi-cooker you can use it too.
This ragu sauce recipe makes a lot and you can freeze the rest for later which is a win for us! Remember that I feed a family of 7 (my dad included) and we cook big or we go home. 😛
How to Make Instant Pot 3 Meat Ragu Sauce
To make this Instant Pot Meat Sauce recipe you will need to gather the following ingredients:
- olive oil
- large onion
- large carrots
- cans of crushed tomatoes
- 6 garlic cloves
- can of tomato paste
- black pepper
- lean ground beef
- ground veal
- ground pork
- dried rosemary
- dried thyme (or 2 fresh sprigs)
- dried oregano
- bay leaves
- beef broth
Here’s how to make this Instant Pot 3 Meat Ragu Recipe.
Once you have gathered your ingredients let's start cooking using our Instant Pot.
Step 1 – Press the Saute button on your Instant Pot.
Step 2 – Add the oil and wait for the olive oil warm up.
Step 3 – Once the olive oil is warm add the meats and onions and start browning them.
Step 4 – Once the meats are browned, drain the liquid.
Step 5 – Add the rest of the ingredients, stir and cover.
Step 6 – Place the lid to sealing mode.
Step 7 – Press Manual, high for 15 minutes.
Step 8 – Press cancel and natural release.
Your Instant Pot 3 Meat Ragu is ready to serve! Serve with your favorite pasta or Zoodle.
How to Freeze Homemade Meat Sauce
You can keep leftover homemade meat sauce in the fridge for about 3 to 4 days. To make it last longer and because we love to freeze food, we freeze this recipe by placing the sauce into a freezer friendly ziplock bag or mason jar.
Place the meat sauce in the freezer and make sure it is stored properly. Please make sure you date the jar or freezer bag and make sure your freezer temps stay at 0 degrees Fahrenheit to make the sauce lasts longer.
If you can't keep the temp at zero read the following line.
We recommend using the meat sauce by six months and the reason is in my opinion the quality and taste might not be the best. Again this is just my opinion.
To cook this 3 meat ragu recipe just thawed the meat sauce in the first and reheat until is hot.
Ready to make this Instant Pot Ragu Recipe? Here's the recipe card with the exact measurements.
Instant Pot Three Meat Ragu Recipe
- ¼ cup of olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 large carrots, peeled and chopped
- 4 28 cans of crushed tomatoes
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can of tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 3 teaspoons of salt
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 pound ground veal
- 1 pound ground pork
- 2 teaspoon of dried rosemary
- 2 teaspoon of dried thyme (or 2 fresh sprigs)
- 2 teaspoon of dried oregano
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- ½ cup of beef broth
- Press the saute “more” mode for 18 minutes. Add in the oil, and once warm add in the 3 meats and onions. Brown the meats, and drain once browned.
- Next, add in the remaining ingredients, stir well and cover. Place the lid to sealing mode, cook high pressure for 15 minutes. Press cancel once time is up and allow to naturally release.
This made a large batch, save leftovers in freezer bags for future uses. I also used the larger Instant Pot. This recipe can be halved for smaller Instant Pots.
More Instant Pot Recipes
- Instant Pot Orzo & Italian Sausage Stuffed Peppers Recipe
- Instant Pot Black Beans / Frijoles Negros
- Instant Pot Chuletas Guisadas / Stewed Pork Chops
Your turn: Your read Instant Pot 3 Meat Ragu recipe and now we want to know what are your thoughts, questions, or ideas? Share it with us!
More from my site
Latest posts by Joyce @ My Stay At Home Adventures (see all)
- 10 Signs That Shows Your Financial Stability - November 19,
- Instant Pot Ham Broth - November 16,
- Do Pinterest Hacks Really Work? Professional Cleaners Weigh In - November 14,