Managing a household on a budget can be a challenge. Deciding to save money often leads to thinking that you’re going to have to do without something you need or enjoy. But, if you shop smart you can not only save money but get the things you need and even have a little left over for a splurge or two!
When it comes to cleaning supplies you may be used to purchasing several different items but when it comes down to it a gallon of vinegar, a box or two of baking soda, some dish detergent and you’re all set. Learning how to mix and use these simple products will help you clean everything from the shower door to the stove very inexpensively!
For recipes on homemade cleaning supplies check out the following links below:
- 67 Homemade All-Natural Cleaning Recipes
- 10 All-Natural, DIY Cleaners to Scrub Every Inch of Your Home
- Natural Cleaning Products That Actually Work (and Don’t Stink!)
Why spend a fortune on scented candles, wax cubes or spray air fresheners when you can use natural things to get rid of bad smells and create a lasting great scent? Baking soda is ideal for absorbing odors. Not just in your fridge and freezer but in carpeting, on furniture and even sitting in a bowl in the bathroom. A cut lemon or orange set out in a bowl for a few hours or a cinnamon stick or two simmering on the stove will provide a great overall smell for your home.
For DIY air freshener recipes check out these links below:
- 10 Homemade Air Freshener Recipes
- Check Out These 10 Simple Ways You Can Make Your Home Smell Fresh.
- 21 DIY Natural Air Fresheners For The Most Beautiful Smelling Home
Did you know that if you buy paper towels or toilet paper in a big store or grocery store that you’re likely overpaying? Compare the prices of your favorite brands at your usual store and at a couple of dollar stores. Yes, dollar stores do carry name brands, often for less than you would pay at the big name store.
To see a list of items to buy and not to buy at a dollar store check out the links below:
- 15 Items TO BUY at Dollar Tree and 10 items NOT TO BUY at Dollar Tree
- 8 Things to Buy at a Dollar Store
Buy in Bulk
Whenever possible you will want to purchase larger packages of household items like toilet paper. When you break down the price on a large package into a per roll cost, you are actually saving money over the small package. Plus, you’ll have to shop less often if you buy in bulk.
Get money saving tips regarding buying in bulk below:
For many of us coffee creamer is a household necessity. All those flavors and rich creaminess are an important part of each morning. With a little ingenuity and a stocked baking cabinet you can make your own creamer for pennies instead of buying 32-ounce bottles for $5. A can of sweetened condensed milk, milk or half and half, and a few drops of flavored extract like hazelnut or vanilla and voila you have a delicious inexpensive coffee creamer!
Need coffee creamer recipes? Check out the links below:
- Homemade Coffee Creamer – Over 2 Dozen Flavor Varieties!
- Homemade Naturally Flavored Coffee Creamers
Knowing how to save money on household essentials will save you money. What other tips or other way do you save money on household essentials?
Love saving money on household essentials? Check out Smart Ways To Save On Household Costs to keep your expenses down.
Latest posts by Joyce @ My Stay At Home Adventures (see all)
- 8 Financial Resolutions To Make In 2021 - December 2,
- How to Cook Lamb Chops Sizzled with Garlic & Herbs - November 29,
- Free Christmas Printables - November 26,