Save your time when roasting bell peppers by doing it in your air fryer. This recipe is perfect for when you are in a hurry or don’t want to heat up your house by turning on the oven.
You can use the air-fried bell peppers to make hummus, salads, soups, sauces or snacks with these deliciously tender roasted peppers.
Are roast bell peppers low in calories?
Bell peppers are very low in calories, making them a wonderful condiment to use on sandwiches or as an ingredient in soups and sauces. The following recipe does call for a bit of olive oil, but olive oil is a healthy fat.
Is one color of bell pepper healthier than others?
Believe it or not, yes. Red bell peppers are the healthiest because they are left on the vine the longest. This means that they have longer to become packed with nutrients.
You might like these recipes:
What nutrients are in bell peppers?
Bell peppers are a great source of vitamin A, vitamin C, potassium, fiber, folate, and iron.
What Air Fryer are we using for this recipe?
You can use any air fryer to create this recipe. In this recipe, you will see the Innsky Air Fryer was used.
What are the ingredients to make roast bell peppers in the air fryer?
To make this roast bell pepper recipe you are going to need the following ingredients:
- Bell peppers, any color desired
- Olive oil
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
How to make roast bell peppers in the air fryer
Now that you have gathered your ingredients it is time to make roast bell peppers. All you have to do is follow the steps below:
The first step is to prep your bell peppers. Rinse and then pat dry before cutting off the stem and cutting in half lengthwise.
Remove the pith and seeds. Continue until you have prepped all the peppers. In a large bowl combine the oil, salt, and pepper.
Place one or two of the pepper halves in the oil mixture and use a spoon or brush to coat both sides, inside and out.
Place in the air fryer basket upside down. Repeat until the basket is full. You may need to do more than one batch.
Air fry the peppers at 390F and set the time to 8 minutes. Once the time is up, carefully open the fryer and flip the pepper halves over.
Set the temperature back to 390F and cook for another 7 to 8 minutes. Once the 7 minutes are up, check the peppers. They should be soft and the skin should have started to get brown or black spots.
Allow the peppers to cool to room temperature. You can then peel off the skin of the pepper or leave it on. If you won’t be using it right away, you can store it in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Your Roast Bell Peppers are ready to serve!
Roast Bell Peppers in the Air Fryer Recipe
Now that you know everything you need to know about how to make roast bell peppers in the air fryer it is time to print the recipe.
To print the recipe, click the print button below. Want to save this recipe for later? All you have to do is use the share button to Pin it for later, Mix it or add it to your Yummly account.
- 4 medium large bell peppers, any color desired
- 2 Tablespoons of olive oil
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper, adjust to taste
1. Rinse the bell peppers and pat dry. Cut off the stem, then slice pepper in half starting from the top to bottom. Slice off the pith with the seeds and set aside to continue doing the same with each pepper. In a large bowl mix the oil, salt and pepper until well combined.
2. Place one or two pepper halves into the bowl with the oil mixture and use a spoon or a brush to coat both the inside and outside of the bell pepper half. Then place in the air fryer tray upside down. Repeat until you have enough bell peppers to fit your air fryer’s tray. Depending on the size of your air fryer, you may need to do it in batches.
3. Air fry the peppers at 390F for 8 minutes. Once the time is up carefully open the air fryer and flip the halves over. Set temperature to 390F and time to 7 minutes. Once the 7 minutes are up open the tray and check on your peppers. They should be soft and have some browned or blackened spots.
4. Remove from air fryer and allow to cool before using. You can peel away the browned outer layer or leave it on. If using later, you can allow the peppers to come to room temperature then store in a jar or airtight container. Store in the refrigerator until ready to use. They’ll stay fresh for about a week. As the peppers sit, they’ll release some juices and oil.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 37Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 107mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 0g
These nutritional calculations might not be accurate. Please speak with a licensed nutritionist to assist you.