Can we talk Instant Pot Black Beans today? Let’s add brown rice and enjoy a delicious Instant Pot Black Bean and Rice meal.
A delicious and flavorful Black Beans and Rice Instant Pot recipe can a meatless meal and super affordable.
How to make Instant Pot Black Beans & Brown Rice
What are the ingredients to make Black Beans and Brown Rice?
To make this Black Beans and Rice Instant Pot recipe you are going to need the following ingredients:
- Dried black beans
- Medium onions
- Garlic Cloves
- Packs of Sazon seasoning
- Tomato sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Olive oil
- Dried oregano
- Broth (your favorite broth)
- Brown rice
What I love about these ingredients is that you can find them at your local Walmart and if you want to save time use this link and save $10 off your first Walmart Grocery order.
Now that we have gathered our ingredients it is time to make this Instant Pot Beans and Rice, all you must do is follow the easy steps below.
Add your ingredients to the Instant Pot liner and stir.
Close the Instant Pot and make sure the valve is set to “sealing.”
Press Manual or Pressure Cook button, set to high, for 30 minutes.
Once your Instant Pot is done, allow to Natural Release for 10 minutes.
Quick release and let the pressure out.
Your Instant Pot Black Beans and Brown Rice is ready to serve!
What kind of broth should I use?
You can use your favorite broth:
It’s your choice as to what broth you want to use.
I don’t have Sazon what can I do?
Make the recipe with these ingredients instead to make Sazon.
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon ground annatto seeds
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
You can also use chili powder too.
Check out this recipe – Instant Pot Black Beans / Frijoles Negros
Can I add meat to this Instant Pot Black Beans and Brown Rice recipe?
Yes, you can add meat such as chicken, to this register.
Now that you have learned how to make this Black Beans and Rice Instant Pot recipe it is time to print the exact measurements.
- 2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
- 1 Medium Onion
- 2 cups of dried Black Beans
- 3 Garlic Cloves
- 2 Packs of Sazon seasoning
- 1 can of Tomato Sauce
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon of dried Oregano
- 2 Cups of water
- 4 Cups of broth
- 1 1/2 cups of Brown Rice
- Add all the ingredients into the Instant Pot Liner and stir.
- Close the Instant Pot and turn the valve to "sealing."
- Press Manual or Pressure Cook, High, for 30 minutes.
- Allow the IP to Natural Release for 10 minutes.
- Release the pressure (Quick Release)
- Stir and serve!
More from my site
Latest posts by Joyce @ My Stay At Home Adventures (see all)
- 5 Steps To Creating Goals For A Better You In 2020 - December 10,
- Champurrado Mexicano - December 9,
- 8 Financial Resolutions To Make In 2020 - December 6,